Volunteer at St Margaret's House and do something worthwhile in Bethnal Green.
Volunteers are an integral part of some important achievements at St. Margaret’s House. That is, to engage and inspire both individuals and community groups to achieve their own goals.
You can gain some valuable retail experience by volunteering in Ayoka, our charity boutique. In the Create Place our volunteers lead or assist in workshops from crafting and beading for adults to puppetry and printing for children.
Our opportunities are flexible and volunteers can get involved for a one off workshop or once a week for years. Some of our volunteers have even gone on to become paid members of staff at St Margaret’s House.
As a volunteer, you can expect that...
- Your gift of time, skills and experience will be used well so that you can make a difference to the charities and organisations who benefit from the work which St Margaret's House do.
- You will be provided with all the information and guidance required for you to carry out your volunteering. You will be encouraged to develop in your volunteering role.
- St Margaret's House will reimburse you for the main expenses your volunteering incurs.
- Your volunteering will be appreciated and recognised.
- You will volunteer in an organisation that is non-discriminatory and aims to be more diverse.
- You are free to stop volunteering at any time.
Volunteer Art Curator
Start date: ASAP
Period: Up to 1 year
We are currently seeking a volunteer art curator to assist with the programming of our monthly exhibitions in our award winning Gallery Cafe. The volunteer will liaise with the events manager in choosing the work for the year and will also work closely with the artists to manage the hanging and First Thursday launch.
· Assist the Events Manager in choosing the art programme across the year
· Liaise with the artists on use of wall space, details of the hanging/installation and First Thursday launch event
· Be present at and assist with the installation
· Produce written content for exhibitions and website listings
· Liaise with the communications team with promotional information for each exhibition
· Co-ordinate times of the take-down and installation date to the Events Manager
· Inform the events manager of any maintenance issues within the gallery space
· Gain contacts in the local art scene
· Opportunity to exhibit own work
· Monthly free food and drink voucher from our Gallery Café.
· Gain experience in planning launch events and project management.
· Improve knowledge of different art mediums.